1. Contest starts at on Friday, October 18th and closes on Monday, December 9th 2013 at (the “Contest Closing Date”). All times are Eastern. No purchase necessary.
2. To enter the contest, follow these simple steps on https://www.facebook.com/niagarafallscourtyard/app_189606727893326. Fill in the contest entry form (Name, E-mail Address, and Caption) to be entered for your chance to win a One Night Package at the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls. One winner will also receive a framed copy of their captioned Captain Courtyard comic cover. “Share” the Contest in the Social Media, as prompted to after filling in the Contest entry form, and you will be eligible to receive an additional entry for each “Share”.
3. One winner will be selected by the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls on Monday, December 16th, 2013 at approximately from all eligible entries received before or on the contest closing date. Each day the top 5 most creative posts will be shared. On Tuesday, December 10th, the top 5 most creative entries will be selected by the Courtyard by Marriott judging panel and posted on https://www.facebook.com/niagarafallscourtyard/app_189606727893326 and Facebook.com/niagarafallscourtyard. Voting will be open to the public on Tuesday, December 10th until . Voting is 30% of the selection process. The Courtyard by Marriott judging panel holds 70% of the final decision.
4. The selected winner will be contacted via email.
5. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days following the draw, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected until the prize is awarded.
6. Participants are eligible to win one (1) grand prize consisting of a 1 Night Package at the Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls which includes accommodations in a standard guestroom with 2 queen-sized beds for one night, one breakfast buffet voucher for two to be used at the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls’ on-site restaurant, one $40 dinner voucher for The Keg Steakhouse & Bar or one $35 dinner voucher for T.G.I. Friday’s and two WEGO shuttle passes. Plus a framed copy of their captioned Captain Courtyard Comic Cover.
7. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all transportation, taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, meals and other travel and hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the grand prize. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $193.00 CDN. Prize is available from November 2013 –September 2014 and must be redeemed by September 30th, 2014. Prize will be valid between Sunday – Thursday and is subject to availability and the following black-out dates: December 31st, 2013, February 16th, May 18th, May 25th, 2014. The months of July and August are blackout dates. Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. All accommodation is to be determined by the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls in their sole discretion and is based on availability.
8. Grand prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever the reason, of the advertised prize in whole or in part.
9. To be declared a winner, selected entrants will need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
10. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls without further notice or compensation.
11. This contest is open to legal residents of Canada, the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who are over the age of majority in their state or province of residence (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, Quebec, and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions, and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law). Contest also excludes employees of the Courtyard by Marriott, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/state and municipal laws and regulations.
12. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
13. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified. Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest.
14. The Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants provide the Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls with explicit permission to do so as indicated on the entry form. Please see The Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls at www.nfcourtyard.com/index.php/screen/privacy.
15. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls, their advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses by the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
16. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls.Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in this contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
17. The Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Courtyard by MarriottNiagara Falls reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
18. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.